We are grateful for the dedication of those who have gone before. Our firm opened as The Fawcett Funeral Home, at our present location in 1933. The property was a private residence and was purchased by Mr. Harry Fawcett. Along with his son, William, they served our community for three decades.
In the 1960's, with the retirement of the Fawcett family, David M. Oliver, a long-time associate purchased the business and renamed it The Fawcett-Oliver Funeral Home.
As our service to the community expanded, Mr. Oliver formed a partnership with Roger D. Glass in 1970 and the firm became known as The Fawcett-Oliver and Glass Funeral Home. In 1978, Terry L. Palmer joined the firm as a licensed funeral director and embalmer and became a junior partner in 1985. Mr. Oliver retired in 1987. Mr. Glass retired in 1992 and at that time, Mr. Palmer purchased the firm that is today known as The Fawcett Oliver Glass and Palmer Funeral Home. Robert K. Smith joined the the firm as a licensed funeral director and embalmer later that year.
We are proud to have been part of Chillicothe and Ross County for over 80 years, providing caring and compassionate service to those in need.